Q: the red light indicating a throttle body problem is on and the car is running hot

The red light indicating a throttle problem is on and the car is sputtering when trying to drive like it's going to kill. The car is also running hot.

Hi there:

If the throttle body itself is damaged or clogged with excessive carbon build-up, it can cause the symptoms you’re experiencing. This will also cause the engine to run lean, which typically causes a motor to build excess heat. The best way to know what’s causing this issue specifically is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an engine is sputtering inspection.

• the red light indicating a throttle body problem is on and the car is running hot