Q: The housing for the starter outside bolt hole is cracked and can't get the bolts to hold the starter in its rightful place 2008 Cadillac Escalade

Bolt hole is cracked which won't allow the starter to be held in its rightful place

Hi - while it may be possible to remove the starter and repair the housing (weld and re-drill the hole), the most practical approach is to simply replace the starter. It could well cost just as much to repair it properly as to replace it. I recommend a starter replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and make this repair for you.

• The housing for the starter outside bolt hole is cracked and can't get the bolts to hold the starter in its rightful place 2008 Cadillac Escalade