Q: The exhaust header is failing at the pipe joins. Can't see it, but can hear it. Can you recommend a SS replacement?

My 1995 Corolla has developed a crack in the exhaust header. Can you recommend a stainless steel replacement that fits or should I get the Toyota NOS replacement? A couple of years ago, I had to replace the flex pipe that this connects. Had I known this would be the next point of failure, I would have replaced this at that time.

Is this something I can do myself or should I have a garage tackle this? My only tools are socket wrench set, pliers, screwdrivers, and hammer.

A: Hello there, a cranked exhaust header can c...

Hello there, a cranked exhaust header can cause many issues with your 1995 Toyota Corolla. The exhaust header is such a critical component that it should be replaced with an OEM style header, not an aftermarket stainless steel one. This is a rather large job that requires the removal of many parts to get the exhaust header out and is best left to the professionals. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to replace your exhaust header.