Q: The exhaust header is failing at the pipe joins. Can't see it, but can hear it. Can you recommend a SS replacement?

My 1995 Corolla has developed a crack in the exhaust header. Can you recommend a stainless steel replacement that fits or should I get the Toyota NOS replacement? A couple of years ago, I had to replace the flex pipe that this connects. Had I known this would be the next point of failure, I would have replaced this at that time.

Is this something I can do myself or should I have a garage tackle this? My only tools are socket wrench set, pliers, screwdrivers, and hammer.

Hello there, a cranked exhaust header can cause many issues with your 1995 Toyota Corolla. The exhaust header is such a critical component that it should be replaced with an OEM style header, not an aftermarket stainless steel one. This is a rather large job that requires the removal of many parts to get the exhaust header out and is best left to the professionals. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to replace your exhaust header.

3. The exhaust header is failing at the pipe joins. Can't see it, but can hear it. Can you recommend a SS replacement?