Q: Car runs hot and doesnt keep coolant

Car was pouring out coolant and running hot, i had the freeze plug replaced. Car still runs hot and coolant still seems to disappear but i see no heavy leaks on the ground, only light drips. car pours liquid when the AC is on (passenger side) also hissing on the passenger side until the car cools off. I've tried pouring the water/coolant while the heat was on (took a few minutes for it to blow hot but it did, car was fine for that day) . Heater hasnt been blowing Hot air since then.

A: Hi there. Most of the time, <a href='https:...

Hi there. Most of the time, overheating issues are caused by a radiator leak, leak in the coolant lines, or a failed thermostat. The worse case scenario is that you'd have a blown head gasket.

However, if you're seeing small drips on the ground, the leak could be coming from one of the hoses, which might also introduce air pockets into the coolant line. This could be what's causing your overheating situation. However, it might be a good idea to have a local certified mechanic stop by your home to do a complete cooling system inspection. That could save you a lot of money instead of replacing parts that you are unsure are faulty.