Q: the engine just stops while driving. Restarts like normal. My research says it could be the Crankshaft sensors

when I submitted my request for replacing the crankshaft sensor, the web site changed it to suggest changing the cam shaft sensor. Now I don't know which it should be. At first, when I drove it, it would sputter and stall when leaving a stopped position. Now it just started to quit running while driving at any speed. There is no warning that it is going to stall. The service engine warning does come on after it stalls.

Hello. Sudden stalling without any warning can indeed be caused by a faulty crank position sensor. The crank position sensor provides a vital signal for the entire engine management system, and most vehicles will not run without it. If there is an issue with the sensor or the associated wiring or connector, then it may cut off the crank position signal to the computer, which may cause stalling.

Also, keep in mind that stalling can be caused by issues with the ignition or fuel systems. If the Check Engine Light is on retrieving the trouble codes, as this will likely shed some light on what the issue may be. As these sorts of issues greatly reduce the reliability of the vehicle, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the cause of the sudden stalling so that this can be correctly addressed.

3. the engine just stops while driving. Restarts like normal. My research says it could be the Crankshaft sensors