Q: The engine cranks and sputters out, the car has to be jump-started

I have been having troubles starting my vehicle. It has an automatic transmission. Everything inside the car seems to be working correctly. Auto locks, stereo, lights and all the electronics are running. I had the battery checked and it is fine. There are no blown fuses. However, after engaging the ignition, the engine would be cranking and sputtering out. So, at that point, I have to jump-start it as it wouldn't turn over completely. Do you have any idea what the problem is? Thank you.

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by a battery. The battery may be shorting internally and intermittently. It needs to be load tested to know for sure. If it is definitely fine, then the issue may be in the positive battery cable or an issue with the main relay. If the relay is not holding good contact, then this will occur. I have also seen the ignition switch fail a few times on this vehicle and cause this but that is not as common. If you plan on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your engine sputtering issue.

3. The engine cranks and sputters out, the car has to be jump-started