Q: The driver's side block is getting hotter than the other side

The drivers side of the block is much hotter than the other side. I have a new intake and carb. HEI distributor. Could this be finding?

A: Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechani...

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Most likely what is happening here is that the water jacket in your engine on the right side is obstructed and not allowing sufficient coolant to circulate causing the left side to become hotter. If the corrosion/obstruction isn’t too bad it is possible to do a coolant system flush to open all passage ways. If you would consider, YourMechanic can send a certified technician to you and perform this coolant system inspection, flush the system, and replace the coolant with new. Thank you!