Q: My Ford Explorer is stuck in 4 wheel drive if I take off the front wheel drive axle will that damage my truck is it safe to drive

My truck stuck in 4 wheel drive low can I take off my front wheel drive axle and is it okay to drive around like that is it safe

Hi Steven. I wouldn’t recommend that method of correcting your 4WD issue on the Explorer. The four wheel drive system works in conjunction together with a center shaft supplying power to the front and rear drive axle, so removing the front drive axle would create vibration problem with that primary shaft and is a safety concern. It would be better for you to diagnose the reason why the 4WD is stuck and make those repairs.

3. My Ford Explorer is stuck in 4 wheel drive if I take off the front wheel drive axle will that damage my truck is it safe to drive