Q: The car wont start it is completely dead

Just had a new battery fitted, worked and started perfectly fine. Went to go and start it this morning and it's completely dead nothing switches on

3. The car wont start it is completely dead

Q: My car makes a whining noise in first gear

The first thing to do is make sure it's the transmission, and not the alternator or power steering pump. These components also produce whining sounds sometimes. Having done that, does the transmission only whine while it's in gear (forward or...

Q: Car starts then stops

You may have an alternator issue. If your engine starts and dies shortly afterwards, that is a symptom of a bad alternator. If the alternator has failed, the vehicle will then run all of its electronics off of the battery....

Q: power steering fluid is spilling between cap and reservoir. Is my pump bad?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having issues with the power steering pump. The best way to decide without a doubt is to catch it in the act. You can do this by cleaning off the...