Q: what is the maxium amount of weight a 2008 mini cooper can carry

I have family member that weighs about 550lb and I was wondering if a 200lb driver can allow this weight passenger

Hello, thank you for writing in. The amount a vehicle can carry can be found by calculating a few numbers found on the diver’s door panel. The sticker which should be on the door frame will tell you the gross vehicle weight, and the curb weight. The gross vehicle weight is the amount of weight the vehicle can carry including itself, the passengers, and cargo. Subtract the curb weight from the gross vehicle weight. Standard Mini Cooper vehicles from 2008 will vary slightly. One model shows that the gross vehicle weight is 3,472lbs while the curb height is 2,700lbs. Making the max load the vehicle can carry 772lbs. Look to the panel for that specific vehicle for its specific information.