Q: The Battery Light is on and the lights and power mirrors are not working - 2002 Mercedes-Benz C320

I bought the 02 Mercedes Benz C320.The battery light is on and I have no lights when turning them on with the switch however my brake lights and signal lights work allowing me to drive in the daytime. The battery for this car is alot larger and expensive.I had a technician to tell me it doesn't matter what battery is in it the lights should still work.Tell me what do you think would cause no lights to work I've never run into a problem like this.I think that small battery may be the problem then I think it may be my light switch don't know what to do very confused

Hi. If the Battery Light is on, this an indication that either the battery is bad, the alternator is not charging properly, or both of them are bad. Low battery voltage will cause the car to do abnormal things like have no headlights. There are other things that can cause headlights to not work as well, for example, a blown fuse, broken headlight relay, or, the most common cause, blown headlight bulbs.

I suggest you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the Battery Light is on and suggest the necessary repairs.

3. The Battery Light is on and the lights and power mirrors are not working - 2002 Mercedes-Benz C320