Q: squeaks when it "bounces" up and down.. clearly needs lubrication

whether going over a speed bump, or a gutter .. it squeaks and it is getting more irritating, wondering what it would cost to do what needs to be done

A: Hi! After 20 years, the rubber bushings in ...

Hi! After 20 years, the rubber bushings in the steering and suspension components can become dry, cracked, and worn out. Any type of lubrication applied will be a very temporary quieting of worn out parts like control arm bushings and shock absorbers. I strongly recommend having your Crown Victoria inspected by a technician experienced with undercar work (steering and suspension) and wheel alignments. Far more important than the annoying squeaking is the very real safety risks from driving with worn out ball joints and tie rod ends. Parts failure with some of those components can cause loss of control of your vehicle. Please have your vehicle checked out soon to avoid safety risks.