Q: Car shudders and idles low - 1992 Toyota Cressida

My car has been shaking while it's stopped in the traffic. It idles at 600 RPM on average. When I continue driving, it shudders again when I reach the speed of 35 mph and over. This shuddering is a bit unusual because it's as if there is some loose part or if there is some kind of restriction in the fuel system. Do you have some advice on what I should check and replace?

It is possible that this is a misfire condition either due to a faulty ignition system component or fuel injector that is creating a power imbalance that will cause a shudder sensation. The fuel system and ignition system should be checked along with the induction system for unmetered air leaks. Crankshaft position sensor signal should also be looked at as the loss or interruption of this signal can cause rough running issues as well. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose this rough running issue and assist with proper repairs.