Q: How is P0340 and P0328 addressed and how can any of them be affected by overheating

On Friday morning I checked my radiator and forgetfully left it open, after 30 minutes of driving I noticed service engine soon light came up and because the vehicle is actually due for service I ignored it, later I notice the temperature has gone up(overheat) I quickly packed and waited for the engine to cool off then I added water then continued my journey. The next day I serviced the vehicle, the oil, oil filter and air filter was changed though the SES Light was still on and I used the code reader to erase it. After which I drove the vehicle for about 40 minutes and as I was driving and inclined street the vehicle jerked and I pull over and noticed ses light, vdc off and slid came up, I tried starting it wouldn't but after about 45 minutes it started working properly , and the next day it stoped again and I had to wait for 45 minutes for it to work, after scaning it reads P0340 and P0328

Excessive heat from the vehicle overheating damaged multiple sensors on the vehicle. A Check Engine Light is the only way for your vehicle to communicate that there is a problem. It is great that you have taken initiative in purchasing your own OBD scanner. Here is a great site to look up the trouble codes you find when using your scanner. With both of these codes and knowing the vehicle overheated, it is very likely that replacing the camshaft position sensor and knock sensor will be necessary.

I strongly recommend replacing the other camshaft position sensor as well as the crankshaft position sensor as they are likely going to be damaged. The cam and crank sensors are rather delicate and it is recommended replacing all three at the same time.

To be 100% on what’s going on with your Infiniti, I would recommend enlisting the assistance of one of our certified mobile technicians. Once on sight, they will be able to address your Check Engine Light and assist you on the repairs needed for your vehicle.

Here are articles pertaining to your particular trouble codes if you’d like more information:

P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction

P0328 - Knock Sensor Circuit High Input

• How is P0340 and P0328 addressed and how can any of them be affected by overheating