Q: Thank you Tim for your input..It actually is not the serpentine belt as it is on the other side of the car right next to the engin

asked by on March 20, 2018

I am responding back to a question about a shredded belt that mad my car overheat but its not the serpentine belt its on the opposite side?

Hi Luke. Thanks for the reply. If I’m understanding you correctly, the other belt (which I believe is on the driver side of the engine, near the front) is referred to as the accessory belt. This belt is the one that goes over the cam pulley and over the water pump. So, you should replace that belt for starters. You can reference this video to determine if this is the belt you’re talking about. Again, it’s really difficult to say for certain whether or not this caused your overheating issue or if it will solve it. This is why an on-site inspection is best.