Q: Check brake system

I had just turned the car on and moved it. All of a sudden the check brake system came on. About 4 5 lights came on the dashboard and the brake pedal was very lose. I turned it off and started it again and everything went away. Nothing has come on after it. Is it safe to drive it?

Hi There, This may suggest that your brake pads are worn and due to be replaced or that you have a leak somewhere in your brake hydraulic system. The brake reservoir has a sensor inside that detects when the brake fluid reaches a certain point which generally indicates that it is time to replace the pads. As your pads wear thinner and thinner over time, the brake lines require more and more brake fluid to maintain the same amount of hydraulic pressure in the brake lines. As a result, the brake fluid level sensor will trigger a warning light indicating that the brake fluid level is low. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your braking system to determine what may be causing this light to come on.

3. Check brake system