Q: Tail lights suddenly not working.

I have no tail lights nor do I have brake lights. And when I turn on the turn signal BOTH tail lights flash. I have replaced fuses and the signal relay but to no avail. I noticed that there is a green wire that is just hanging by the brake switch. Could the brake light switch cause my tail lights to completely stop working?

You have a broken brake light switch connector wire. The green wire with a red stripe goes to the brake lights and will cause the brake lights not to work. You may also have a problem with the turn signal switch as well. Get the brake switch wire fixed first and then have the multi-function turn signal switch checked for proper operation. If you want to have this diagnosed, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the lights issue and make the correct repairs.

3. Tail lights suddenly not working.