Q: Suspension in left rear lower and clucking

I drive a 2004 saturn l300 2.2l. It has over 300000 miles on the car. I have noticed that when I drive or a bump or hit the brakes that it making a clucking sound from the driver side rear of car. And it's sitting lower on that side to. I think it might be the trailing are bushings. Do you have any idea what is wrong with my car? And if so how much it can cost to fix. THANKS Joey

If the car is sitting lower than normal, that suggests a problem with the coil spring, or related components including the spring seat, that are actually supporting the weight of the car. Of course, on a flat level surface, you can measure the height of the car all around and check to be sure that that side is indeed lower (the actual height specification will be in the Factory Service Manual). Replacing the spring is no big deal, and is a common repair, but while the Mechanic is in there, obviously parts such as bushings, and very importantly the strut itself, should be inspected. If you schedule a Coil Spring Inspection, a YourMechanic professional can thoroughly evaluate this problem you are having and then give you an estimate of the cost.