Hi, we just replaced head gaskets on my 2003 f150 4.6 tri...

Q: Hi, we just replaced head gaskets on my 2003 f150 4.6 triton, put it all back together and its seized up! Won't turn over or anyth

asked by on March 01, 2018

OK, we changed what was suspected as a blown head gasket, all gaskets! Put it back together and it just clicks when you try to start it! We thought it was battery but its a hot battery, then we thought maybe the starter cause it sounded like it wasn't engaging. Took it off and tested it, works fine, but truck still won't start or even turn over! So now am tasking timing chain cover off to check timing to make sure its not 160 out or that its right! Then what if that's not the problem? It seems like its binding somehow!

You should try to turn the crankshaft with a breaker bar and socket on the center crankshaft bolt. If it cannot be turned then you have the timing chain on wrong and may have bent the valves. Open up and recheck the timing marks are aligned correct and before putting front cover back on turn engine by hand to make sure it turns before putting front covers back on.