Q: sunroof

my sunroof recentley exploded and i got the replacement glass now its seems like its not align when i hit vent only one side of the rail goes up and the other doesn't move

A: The sunroof rail mechanism may have been da...

The sunroof rail mechanism may have been damaged during the explosion or the replacement. If the window is not aligned correctly then this can also cause the binding. Try to push up on the window when you turn it to vent to see if it goes up with some help. You may just need the window track adjusted. I’d suggest taking it to the dealer for an adjustment.

This system should only be worked on by a trained mechanic since any wrong adjustment can break the glass again. If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider enlisting a certified professional from YourMechanic. They can help you diagnose the issue with your sunroof firsthand. Good luck.