Q: Sun roof won't close and I can hear a click from the roof but nothing happens.

I took the switch out,looks ok. I hooked the switch back up and can hear a faint click in the roof. Still nothing happens. Any answer will help. Thanks

If you hear a clicking noise, that indicates the motor has both power and ground. So, you can rule out any part of the motor control circuit. The problem is probably the motor itself or a mechanical problem with the sunroof, such as a damaged track. An expert, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose and repair your inoperative sunroof.

Hi there. Check the sunroof track and see if anything is in its path. Old dirt can cause the sunroof to not open and make it stick. If the track is clean and clear, then most likely the motor to the sunroof is burned up and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your sunroof not opening, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Sun roof won't close and I can hear a click from the roof but nothing happens.