Q: Sudden RPM drop - 1996 Chevrolet C2500 Suburban

When I'm driving at around 50 mph and let go off the gas pedal, the speed remains the same. Then I have to apply the brake and at that point, the RPM would drop as if the vehicle is idling. What might be causing this?

Hello. This is usually caused by a failing throttle body. Over time the throttle plate will wear into the throttle body bore causing it to hang up and not release as it should. I usually check the throttle body for this wear. If it is fine, then it can be the throttle cable binding. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the systems and perform the necessary repairs.

3. Sudden RPM drop - 1996 Chevrolet C2500 Suburban