Q: Steering wheel jerking

The steering wheel keeps jerking, no matter if I drive or when the van is stopped in the traffic. It occurs at all speeds. If I press RT or LT buttons, it it still the same. I tired to hold it tight but it keeps jerking anyways. What should I do?

Hello. If there is a consistent jerk occurring, then it is typically a spool valve problem in the rack and pinion. This would require replacement of the entire rack and pinion assembly. It can also be caused by a failing steering joint, but that is not as common. If this is something that you want repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the steering problem and let you know what repairs are needed.