Q: Starter problems

Ok, my Mercedes won't start when I get in and turn the key so I think I need a starter right? But also when I pop the hood and Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and reconnect it and get back in the car. The car will start right up with no problem. What do you oppose the problem is or what part Is going bad ?

Hi There, If the car starts up after disconnecting and then reconnecting the terminal, then your starter should be fine. It sounds like you may just need to clean the battery terminals thoroughly. This is actually a very common and often overlooked problem. When battery terminals become overly corroded, this causes a lack of current to be transferred through the cables and can easily cause non-starting issues as you have described.

3. Starter problems