Q: Stalling not starting

My C350 almost died while I was driving on the freeway this week. All of my lights came up red on the dashboard. Now it won’t even start. Do you know what could be wrong and how I can fix it?

Hi there. It sounds like the voltage in the system may have become low. Most of the time when this suddenly happens, it is because the battery died due to a bad alternator. The battery needs to be charged and tested first.

If the battery is fine, then the alternator needs to be tested. Those tests will more than likely reveal the problem. If not, then further testing of the electrical system will need to be done. There is also a common issue with the crank sensor that can cause this. If you plan on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the stalling issue.