Q: Replaced crankshaft sensor and now car won't start. Even tried putting old one back and still won't start. No problem starting bef

Was told my crankshaft sensor needed replacing. Car was running bad. Shop ran codes and came up with crankshaft sensor. I replaced it with a new one now car won't start. Even if I put old one back, car still won't start. No problem starting, before replacing sensor.

I would recommend retracing your steps. If you disconnected the battery before replacing the sensor, this could be one cause of the vehicle not to start. A new crankshaft sensor should not have prevented the vehicle from starting. The cause of the no start issue is either related to a fuel or ignition issue that the vehicle has or something that happened during the replacement of the crank sensor. I would retrace your steps to make sure that everything is plugged in properly and if this does not work have the ignition and fuel systems tested. Consider YourMechanic as these services can be completed at your home or office.

3. Replaced crankshaft sensor and now car won't start. Even tried putting old one back and still won't start. No problem starting bef