Q: Squeaking noise when braking. Pads still very good.

The car making squeaking sound when brake, check the pads still very good. Can the rotor fail before pads?

The majority of modern cars on the road have certain wear marks in the brake pads that will make a squeaking noise when they reach a specific material thickness. When the pads wear down to a specific mark, they will squeak a bit as an indication that it may be time to change them soon. So the problem still may involve the brake pads even though you say that they look good. It could also be the rotors like you’ve mentioned - although this would likely be accompanied by a strong vibration while braking. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the brake system so that the correct repairs can be made.

3. Squeaking noise when braking. Pads still very good.