Q: Sounds coming from the bottom of the vehicle while coasting

There are sounds coming from the bottom of my vehilce. These happen sporadically. I had body mount replaced but the issue persists. The sound can be heard occasionally and gets louder. The truck has 40,000 miles on it and usually runs fine. There are no problems with the transmission, no error codes appear, the tansfer case is fine. The sound can be heard only during coasting, when I don't press the gas. So, it cannot be the exhaust problem. It is sometimes noisy on bumpy roads or when I make a turn. I went to the dealership and they told me that nothing is wrong. What is causing this? I appreciate your help.

Hi there. I would need a description of the noise to be able to know for sure what may be going on. Most of the time those mysterious noises coming from the bottom of this vehicle either come from a dry and failing U-joint or a bad output bushing in the transfer case. Both of these can be hard to diagnose, but I have seen a lot of them go bad. I typically check the movement of the output shaft of the transfer case first and then remove the driveshaft to check the joints. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will come to your home or office to diagnose the car noise and make the necessary repairs.