Q: Q: Gas pedal won't work

The truck idles but will not respond to the gas pedal, even after replacing it. The pedals have stopped moving up and down, as well.

The adjustable pedal mechanism sensor may be defective, require replacement, and have the codes cleared. Ford had a bulletin that covered this problem in 2005, and offered a free replacement of this sensor. This bulletin is no longer active, but the part may still be a problem. I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s stuck gas pedal issue.

3. Q: Gas pedal won't work