Q: Smoke and possible oil leak after having oil serviced

Hi,I took my car into the shop in August to replace something dealing with the radiator box. At that point, I also received a scheduled oil change. I drive this car once a week to work; however, I have noticed that every time I drive it it smells like smoke. I looked under the hood and saw smoke. It looks like something is leaking. Since I had just received a recent oil change; I initially assumed that it was over spilled, or residual oil from the oil change. With that said, subsequent drives has also yielded this same smell and smoke from under the hood. According to the oil gage, it doesn't appear that I've lost any oil. Help!!!!

Hi there. Since you drive the vehicle so little it can still be residual oil. It can take some time for it to burn off, especially if it pools up when it is spilled. If there is no oil left on the engine from the service then it is probably leaking from the valve cover gasket. This is the most common leak on this engine. If you want to have this oil leak found, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to pinpoint the oil leak and and help you repair it accordingly.

3. Smoke and possible oil leak after having oil serviced