Q: I have a 2013 Dodge Dart and the blower motor works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. What could cause that?

My 2013 Dodge Dart has the HVAC blower only working sometimes. It's odd. When it works it seems to work on multiple settings, but it will just not turn on sometimes. I've been told it's a short in the resistor to the blower motor, but not sure. What are your thoughts?

This may be related to a faulty blower motor or blower motor relay. Occasionally, the blower motor itself will wear out or become faulty working intermittently as the brush contacts inside the motor wear out. The blower motor relay supplies power to this motor when you turn the switch to "on" that can sometimes fail. When this happens, you may notice that you will not feel anything blowing out of the vents at all. This may also cause the blower motor to work intermittently. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s blower motor system.

3. I have a 2013 Dodge Dart and the blower motor works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. What could cause that?