Q: Small leak

I noticed my car was leaking oil, not a major leak but little puddles at a time after every trip, not very big puddles, so was wondering if something could be lose

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. It is possible t...

Hi, thanks for writing in. It is possible that your oil pan bolts could be loose. The most likely cause of this issue would be a leaking valve cover gasket or oil pan gasket. I would recommend having our engine inspected by a certified technician to determine where the exact location of the leak is coming from. Once the leaks location has been discovered, the gasket that has failed can be replaced and the leak issue will be resolved. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.