Q: Hi. there is oil in my coolant of a 1995 280C Mercedes? How bad is the news?

Hi. There is oil in my coolant. What is the possible cause? And how bad can the news be? Thanks

Oil and coolant travel through separate passageways in the head and block. Wherever there is a potential cross-over, such as at the cylinder head gasket, or through a crack in the block or head, you can get mixing of the two materials. If the leak is at head gasket, it is not just a simple matter of putting a new gasket on if the head and block and not really flat (they can get warped and that’s why leaks develop). If warped, the engine has to go to machine shop. At any rate, whatever the issue turns out to be, engines are always repairable and engines are rebuilt and re-installed everyday, in the thousands. If you want this problem diagnosed, just simply request a leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will investigate what you have and suggest some reasonable repair options for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi. there is oil in my coolant of a 1995 280C Mercedes? How bad is the news?