Q: Should the right front axle shaft pop out with the CV shaft still in place on an 02 suburban 1500?

when im driving hit a bump there is a rattle in the front end. i have checked every joint and bushing replace sway bar links and stil there. i was going though everything again when i noticed that the right front axle shaft was a little loose so i put a bar on it with little pressure and it popped out with the cv shaft still in place is this normal?

Hi there. There could be either the bolts are loose from the CV Shaft to the axle shaft, or the C-lock inside the front differential has broken allowing the axle shaft to move in and out of the axle housing. If the CV Shaft is loose on the wheel hub side, check the axle nut and see if its loose or missing. CV Shafts and axle shafts can break upon hitting a bump, it just depends on how fast you were driving when the vehicle came in contact with the bump and how large the bump was. If you need further assistance with your CV Shaft and axle shaft, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Should the right front axle shaft pop out with the CV shaft still in place on an 02 suburban 1500?