Q: Shifting issues from drive to reverse and back to drive

Lately, I've been having troubles shifting, specifically from drive to reverse and back to drive. If I stop the vehicle and attempt to shift from drive to reverse, it ocassionally occurs that it won't go in reverse. Then, if I try to put it back to drive, it gets kind of stuck and cannot be shifted into drive. This happened several times already. Also, when I put it in park, the car would start shuddering. But, then I would be able to put in reverse and actually start backing up. What could be causing this?

Mercedes has a dealer service order (#Order No: S-B-27.19/118A ) that addresses diagnosis, and possible dealer repair of the transmission for your model. Check with your dealer to confirm coverage of this.

3. Shifting issues from drive to reverse and back to drive