Q: Shifting issues from drive to reverse and back to drive

Lately, I've been having troubles shifting, specifically from drive to reverse and back to drive. If I stop the vehicle and attempt to shift from drive to reverse, it ocassionally occurs that it won't go in reverse. Then, if I try to put it back to drive, it gets kind of stuck and cannot be shifted into drive. This happened several times already. Also, when I put it in park, the car would start shuddering. But, then I would be able to put in reverse and actually start backing up. What could be causing this?

A: Mercedes has a dealer service order (#Order...

Mercedes has a dealer service order (#Order No: S-B-27.19/118A ) that addresses diagnosis, and possible dealer repair of the transmission for your model. Check with your dealer to confirm coverage of this.