Q: Severe shaking; no lights, no codes!

Last fall CEL came on and the car shook terribly. Code lead to replacement of 2nd iginition coil. All was well. A month ago I pull out of the garage and notice a 3" diameter puddle of oil. Turns out two gaskets and an oil line needed attention. Drove great the day after repair. Second day I started it the shaking was the worst ever. I shut it off immediatley. Replaced a coil connector and things went well for a few days. Now it randomly (at ignition or while driving) will begin to shake badly. I shut it off immediately, wiggle all the connectors and sometimes it goes back to normal, sometimes I have to wiggle them a few more times. Mechanic says possibly all connectors need replaced, or spark plugs. There have been zero lights on or even flickered. Scans are giving no codes. Sometimes when accelerating (like a granny) it feels like it's missing or slipping or something.

Hi there. Although it’s more than likely that your vibration issue is caused by a loose electrical connection, it could be due to a vacuum leak or other ignition timing problem. Since you’re not seeing a check engine light, it’s less likely that a check engine light inspection would resolve this problem. It might be better to have a professional mechanic try to replicate and diagnose the symptom, so they can isolate the root source of the problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. Severe shaking; no lights, no codes!