Q: Rough idle. P0304 and P0353 codes.

The car started running rough and the check engine light went on. I checked with scanner and got P0304 Misfire Detected in #4 Cylinder and P0353 Ignition Coil C Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction. Are these codes telling me that I have issue with both cylinders 3 and 4?

Thanks in Advance

Hi Steve. Thanks for contacting us today. In most cases, these two codes (one from cylinder 3 and 4) are caused by a failed ignition coil or a faulty electrical connection. The first thing I’d do is double check your electrical connections to each cylinder. If that checks out ok, then you should probably have a professional mechanic complete a misfiring inspection to determine what is causing this issue so the right repairs can be completed.

3. Rough idle. P0304 and P0353 codes.