Q: Right turn signal is activated when pressing brake

Today it was particularly cold out (0-10 degrees) and my car started fine, but I let it warm up for a couple of minutes. When I press my brake, my right turn signal comes on and stays on, no blinking or anything. When I press the right turn signal, it works, but it comes on when I switch my left turn signal too. Any help would be great!

Typically, what happens is that the brake switch under the pedal is attached to an electrical relay that when depressed, illuminates the brake light. The relay switch however is under the hood; and can occasionally short or activate the "parking light" (which also acts as the turn signal light). It could also be an indicator of a bad ground wire connection or a fuse that is sending a direct signal to the turn signal light. Regardless of the cause, if this issue continues when the weather heats up, you should have a professional mechanic complete a turn signal inspection, as it can be complex to correctly diagnose this problem.

3. Right turn signal is activated when pressing brake