Q: Revs high up hill,surges on flat ground.

4 cylinder automatic frequent oil changes well maintained Rav4 has begun to rev high up hill and I feel some surging on flat level ground..Thanks.

This sounds like your transmission is slipping when going uphill and is partially engaging on a flat land. I suggest having the transmission checked by a mechanic to test the pressure and perform a scan for any codes.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can perform these tests and diagnose your driving symptoms firsthand. Best of luck.

3. Revs high up hill,surges on flat ground.