Q: Replaced idle control and throttle sensor now won't idle and service engine light on

Replaced idle control and throttle sensor now won't idle and service engine light on

A: Hi there. Check to see if the idle control ...

Hi there. Check to see if the idle control and throttle position sensor was for your vehicle. Some sensors are universal and can be used on many different vehicles. Check around the sensors to ensure that they are connected. Check to see if you have had to remove something to get the sensors off and see if those parts are reconnected properly.

If the sensors are working properly and nothing is disconnected, then check the spark plugs and plug wires for any corrosion and burned spots. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the idling problem and pinpoint the needed repair.