Q: Radiator fan cycles on once then never again

Hi, my radiator fan on the driver side comes on once then never again. The passenger radiator fan never comes on. Might be unrelated but I my AC compressor stopped engaging correctly, I'm curious to see if if replacing my AC high pressure switch cures my radiator fan issues. I think that they are oddly related. So weird. The radiator fan fuses look good, and I swapped the relays around. Does the 2009 Escape have a fan motor resistor? If so, can't find it.

Hi, thanks for writing in. There is a pressure sending unit that is used by the AC system that runs the radiator fans to maintain proper head pressure (mounted on the top of the accumulator). If this unit is defective, the computer goes into a default mode and runs the fans. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair. I recommend having one of our certified automotive technicians from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect, diagnose, and repair the issue.

3. Radiator fan cycles on once then never again