Q: Question can excessive speeding break a transmission in an automatic vehicle? reaching a high speed not boosting

can speeding in an automatic vehicle break the transmission?

Hi there. Speeding in general can be very dangerous for any vehicle component. However, how the vehicle gets to that speed (as in acceleration or exhibition of speed; ie; illegal street racing) could definitely break a transmission, drive axles, gears, and other power train components.

Also, when a vehicle is being driven at a higher rate of speed than the vehicle is designed for, it can create excessive heat in the transmission which can cause the fluid to expand and break transmission fluid lines inside the housing.

If your transmission is slipping during acceleration, contact one of our local mechanics to inspect the issue firsthand and make the necessary repairs.

3. Question can excessive speeding break a transmission in an automatic vehicle? reaching a high speed not boosting