Q: Purchased a battery last November...Recently my battery light came on. Then now my car lost power and it won't drive forward?

I purchased a new battery last November. Recently, the first time my battery indicator light came on when I was driving it and it lost power..I couldn't accelerate my car to go faster..It was just idling. Then all my light indicators were flashing on. My car finally stopped and I couldn't make it go forward on drive with the gas pedal. It's hard now to turn my steering wheel and it makes that flutter sound when trying to start it. I need a jump start my car and find out though why the shifting is not working and it doesn't have power too?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The warning light is indicating an issue with the charging system in general. This means the alternator may also be having issues keeping the battery charged. This also validates you issues while driving, as the alternator is what supplies the vehicle with power once the car is started. When all of the warning lights illuminate, it is because they all depend on the alternator’s electrical supply, and are not getting it. You can have the alternator tested on the vehicle, or remove it and have it bench tested. For more help with this, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Purchased a battery last November...Recently my battery light came on. Then now my car lost power and it won't drive forward?