Q: Possible fuel injection problem

I think there is a problem with the PNP sensor. There is a yellow flashing arrow, and the Check Engine light is on. My car only wants to move when in third gear. I tried going through all the gears about 10 times and pull the OBDII codes, but I only get 2-2-2, which is something to do with the fuel injection.

PNP switch issues are common in Volvo 850’s. The issue usually happens when depressing the Winter mode, that is why the car starts in 3rd gear. 3rd gear starts to minimize slipping. Most of the time the PNP switch is just out of adjustment. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can check and re-adjust the PNP switch on the transmission. This should reset the Winter mode back to economy/sport and get you back on the road.

3. Possible fuel injection problem