Q: Overheating only when i drive not sitting still

My car is overheating when I drive it only it could sit and run for hours and not overheat, we have had new water pump head gasket checked raditor checked, hoses flushed ,thermostat everything that normally goes with the high milage on the subura so we are lost on what is going on if you can help please let us know thank you koren

Hi there:

Sometimes the issue you’re describing is caused by air bubbles that are trapped in the coolant system or a problem with the water pump. As the engine accelerates, the flow of the coolant through the system is also increased; since it’s powered by the water pump which is driven by a belt that spins quicker as the engine RPM increases. However, the overheating issues may also be caused by the fuel system being too lean, which can cause good fuel economy and increase engine power, but also increases engine temperature. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an engine is overheating inspection to determine what’s causing these issues.