ESP light stays on dash 2009 l4-2.4l compass jeep

Q: ESP light stays on dash

asked by on May 09, 2017

My ESP light comes on when I start my Jeep and stays on---it does not effect the cars performance, I do try to shut it off with the switch but it doesn't respond----any suggestions???

Hi There, This is something that usually requires the steering angle sensor to be re-calibrated or replaced. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to have this done. As you may know, the steering angle sensor transmits information related to the position of the vehicle and the steering wheel, this will trigger this light to come on.