Q: Original and replacement brake pedal feels softer the longer the SUV is driven

I've noticed that the longer I drive my SUV, the brake pedal feels softer and softer to engage. My dealership replaced the original with what he called an 'electric assist' and that's why it feels that way. But the original was a 'vacuum booster system' and it felt the same way. What is your opinion?

I am not aware of a change over of the brake booster from a vacuum style to an electrical style. This may be a new recall that I am not aware of, and I cannot comment on an ongoing recall since there may be lawsuits involved if wrecks have happened due to the problems. I would suggest that you take it to another Nissan dealer and see what they say. If they say that is the way it is supposed to be then I would go on a road test with the service manager, and let him tell you that face to face. The brakes may feel different if the system was changed over to a new style. This may be the reason they changed the system.

• Original and replacement brake pedal feels softer the longer the SUV is driven