Q: Chevy Cobalt Lower Control Arm Repair - safe to drive?

Would it be okay to drive the car like this slowly to my house to fix it? Both the front two brackets are tight so is the ball joint and the arm is brand new And what would be the best way to remove the roughly 2 inch bolt piece from the rear LCA bushing hole none of the bolt is sticking out of the subframe I was gonna try drilling it out in small pieces any advice would be great please help

Short answer is "NO", it is not safe to drive the car in this condition. The safest alternative is to have a tow truck that can pick up, and strap down, the front end of the car, or a flatbed trailer, with the car winched on, not driven. Engine torque could pull the control arm out of the chassis (since this is a front-wheel drive car). As for removing the broken bolt - if what remains is a stud, pressed into the chassis, driving it out with a punch, and installing a new stud is fairly straightforward. If the bolt/stud is welded in, this will get messy, requiring cutting and welding gear and skills. Look at this first. You may decide that this requires paint and body shop skills (cutting/welding), rather than your own. Good luck with this!

3. Chevy Cobalt Lower Control Arm Repair - safe to drive?