Q: On occasions during quiet surrounding driving I hear a clack noise from the back of my car.

From the back (approx. cargo area with the 330 volts battery located) I hear clack sound. Is this a normal hybrid operation of the 2009 Escape Hybrid Limited, or points to a loose battery or else?

Hi there. If you are hearing a clacking sound around or near the battery in your vehicle, then this is the sign of a loose battery cable. As the cable is loose, the noise is sparks that are admitted as the terminals are moving around and creating a electrical flow of current or a pop. Open the compartment to the battery and check the condition of the cables and see if they are tight. Be very careful for the large battery produces high voltage. If you need further assistance with the main Hybrid battery making noises, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• On occasions during quiet surrounding driving I hear a clack noise from the back of my car.