on my abs module one of the lines Won’t go in straight. I...

Q: on my abs module one of the lines Won’t go in straight. It was leaking but then it stopped. What do I do?

asked by on November 22, 2017

I replaced the abs module and the brake like will not go in straight i think it may be to big for the new abs. It was leaking but then I tightened it more and the leaking stopped but it was still slanted. What do I do?

If it doesn’t feel like it is going in correctly, or if you suspect that the line doesn’t fit, the right thing to do is to back off and find out why. By jamming it on in you might have ruined your new part. If it isn’t leaking, it might be sealing OK but the problem with brake lines is that if they are weak, they fail when you need them most... in a panic stop situation when the pressure is very high. It may be advisable to have another pair of eyes look at what you have now. You can get that by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your brake fluid leak and advise you on what to do next.